Friday, January 23, 2009

My latest "Project"

I decided yesterday to let the dust bunnies lie under my couch and the cobwebs to stay in the corners in exchange for something a little more fun! You see, I am constantly thinking of ways to improve my house, make it look nicer, etc. So I get the grand idea to finally paint something on the wall in my 14 month old daughters bedroom. It is a last ditch effort to decorate this child's room, I have hung posters and yada yada in the end they don't stay where I put them and usually result in me picking thumbtacks up off the floor and paper scraps from behind the dresser! But with painting, you can't tear it off! Genius! The only problem is that I am not very skilled at painting with a stencil, the paint usually globs around the edge of the design and I have to wipe it off. So I opted for free handing it. I simply traced an outline of the stencil with pencil onto the wall, then painted it. Here is what I have so far:

This is placed about 3/4 of the way up the wall and centered between the two windows.


& this is the border that will be going around the room. I am a bit unsure yet about this. I was thinking of placing smaller crowns in between the larger ones. But am undecided at the moment.
That's as far as I've gotten. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Sahm,
    I've always heard that if you keep things simple and uncluttered it's best. Remember, KISS. What you have done so far is good. If it has to be touched up later for some strange reason, like the child paints something over your design, not unheard of, you won't have to touch up so much. My oldest sons first letters were written on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm hoping to not to have that happen, but you never know! That is why I opted for paint instead of posters! My older ones have some posters but I keep having to rehang them because they mysteriously just "fall off the walls! I agree with keeping it simple, I'll keep that in mind when spring rolls around & I get to paint the rest of my house!

    ReplyDelete

Austin leave your sister alone, Girls quit screaming, I'm trying to talk here...Anyways, you were saying...